Firefighters responded this afternoon for a report of a tree on fire in a backyard. At 14:42 units responded to the 13500 block of Triadelphia Road in the 3-24 box after the homeowner called 911 and advised that they had placed ashes from a fireplace in the backyard and now one of the trees was on fire. Engine 31 arrived to find exactly that and began extinguishing the fire. Fortunately the fire was not near the residence and was contained to the tree and the surrounding area. Units cleared at 15:21.
Residents are reminded that to dispose of ashes, always wait until they are cold to the touch and to use a metal waste can after adding water. Thanks to Doug Walton, HCDFRS Media Affairs for the photos.